Friday 5 June 2015

Challenge 3

Hi There my Crafty Friends ...unfortunately I have been unable to enter this Months DT entry for http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk 
due to being diagnosed with Hip Dysplasia.
I'll explain more about this after ...

Today our Blog Creative Artiste Challenge Blog at
 http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk has gone live with their 3rd Challenge!!!
This month the Sponsor is Pickled Potpourri at 
the prize is a $7 gift card from the Pickled Potpuorri Designs store! 
The Challenge this month is to create any mixed media project using 1 line from the Bingo Board Chosen for this challenge. So to enter this Challenge head over to Creative Artiste at 

On the 20th May I underwent A PAO Peri Acetabular Osteotomy which involves breaking my pelvis in 3 places rotating my hip socket to ensure a better fit over my hip joint ...4 screws are my new hardware as you can see in my x ray below!! The Operation was performed at Fremantle Hospital and was 3hrs long with a spinal block also. I stayed in Hospital for 7 days then went home with a frame and a wheelchair to use over the next 4 weeks. Hopefully after x rays at my next visit to the surgeon I will be able to use crutches and maybe start weight bearing!
 
My first X ray of my new hardware!!
This is my first time out of bed and standing...I managed a few steps and sat in a chair for a short time.
I had my own room for the 7 days and the food was really nice!!
The Physio made me a leg lifter which has made my life so much easier!!!
no more depending on someone to lift my legs into bed for me..
 no risk of my legs being lifted at different heights which results in screaming as I found out by one nurse
 who just lifted my leg and didn't bring it across onto the bed while I moved my good leg!           
Day One
Below aprox 22 stitches - dissolvable 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for passing by and leaving a comment !! Please follow my Blog also thanks Hugs Kerry XX.